Character Arrays ClassEntisoft Tools 2.0 Object Library
Version 2.0.6 Released 1999/11/14 03:27
<-- Previous || Index || Main || Topics || Next -->
Declarations Section, CharacterCountsToVariantVector Function, CharactersNotInString Function, DifferenceCharacters Function, IntegerVectorToStringAsc Function, IntersectCharacters Function, InversePermutation Function, JoinStringCharacters Function, KeepCharacters Function, KeepRangeOfCharacters Function, MaxAsc Function, MinAsc Function, ShuffleString Function, SortCharacters Function, SortCharactersBenchmark Sub, SortCharactersBinary Function, SortCharactersByFrequency Function, SortUsedCharacters Function, StringAscToIntegerVector Function, StripCharacters Function, StripRangeOfCharacters Function, UniqueCharacters Function, UsedCharacters Function
- Declarations Section
- Character Counts To Variant Vector Function
- Fill the elements of an Integer array so that they each represent the number of occurrences of the character with that ASCII value in string vString.
- Characters Not In String Function
- Return a string containing the characters with ASCII values from 0 (zero) through 255 that do not appear in string vValue.
- Difference Characters Function
- Return a string containing all of the unique characters in vStringOne which are not in vStringTwo. Each unique character in string vStringOne will appear at most once within the result string. Relational difference operation on characters in a string.
- Integer Vector To String Asc Function
- "Integer Vector To String ASCII" Turns a one-dimensional array of Integers representing characters into a character string.
- Intersect Characters Function
- Return a string containing the characters that two strings have in common. Each unique character which appears in both vStringOne and vStringTwo will appear once within the result string. Relational intersect operation on the characters in a string.
- Inverse Permutation Function
- Create the inverse permutation of the characters within a string.
- Join String Characters Function
- Form a string whose character pairs represent the Cartesian product of the characters from two string. Relational Cartesian product operation except that duplicates are not eliminated. A pair of characters is formed by joining each character in string vOne with each character in vTwo.
- Keep Characters Function
- Return a string containing all of the characters in vLine that also appear in vKeepChars. This is the opposite of the StripCharacters function.
- Keep Range Of Characters Function
- Returns the characters in string vValue whose ASCII values fall within the specific range.
- Max Asc Function
- "Maximum ASCII" Return the maximum ASCII value of the characters within a string.
- Min Asc Function
- "Minimum ASCII" Return the minimum ASCII value of the characters within a string.
- Shuffle String Function
- Shuffle the characters within a string. Randomly rearranges the characters within the string.
- Sort Characters Function
- Sorts the characters in a string using some specific collating sequence. Result string will contain all of the characters from string vValue, NOT just the unique ones. Usually slower than the SortCharactersBinary function which sorts based on the ASCII value of each character.
- Sort Characters Benchmark Sub
- Test the SortCharactersBenchmark function.
- Sort Characters Binary Function
- Sort the characters in a string according to their ASCII values. Result string will contain all of the characters from string vValue, NOT just the unique ones.
- Sort Characters By Frequency Function
- Sorts the characters in a string based upon the descending frequency of those characters. Result string will contain all of the characters from string vValue, NOT just the unique ones. The sort is stable so that if characters have the same frequency, then they are listed in the same order in which they appeared within the input string.
- Sort Used Characters Function
- Return a string containing each of the unique characters present in the input string. Characters are returned in sorted order, and each character will appear at most once. This function uses Binary sorting order, because of the algorithm.
- String Asc To Integer Vector Function
- "String ASCII To Integer Vector" Place the Asc value of the characters of a string into the elements of an integer array. This is the opposite of the IntegerVectorToStringAsc function.
- Strip Characters Function
- Strip characters out of a string wherever they occur. This is similar to the KeepCharacters function, except that KeepCharacters requires the list of characters to be kept instead of the ones to be removed.
- Strip Range Of Characters Function
- Returns the string vValue except for the characters whose ASCII values fall within a specific range.
- Unique Characters Function
- Quashes all repeated runs of a character to a single character.
- Used Characters Function
- Return a string containing the uniquely-occurring characters within a string. Characters are returned in the order in which they appear in string vValue; they are NOT returned in sorted order.
This Windows-based ActiveX DLL provides many useful routines through its function-bearing and data structure classes. Consult the Help file for more information, or call us at 1-310-472-3736. For the latest news and files, visit our home page on the World Wide Web: http://www.entisoft.com
Copyright 1996-1999 Entisoft
Entisoft Tools is a trademark of Entisoft.