Entisoft Tools v2.0 Fact Sheet
[ Executive Summary | General
Information | Shareware Edition | Registered Edition | Professional Edition | Developer Considerations | API
Overview | Pricing ]
- Entisoft Tools is a function library of over 1500 financial, string manipulation, text processing, data
structures, mathematical, engineering, deques & queues and other functions.
- Entisoft Tools integrates seamlessly with all aspects of the Microsoft Visual Basic
IDE and Microsoft programs that
support Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Entisoft Tools uses features you're already accustomed to (like the Object
Browser, IntelliSense, AutoCompletion and Windows Help).
- See the API
Overview section for more information about the types of functions in
the Entisoft Tools library.
- See the Entisoft Tools Documentation for definitive information about the
- Entisoft Tools costs $179.00 for a single-developer
license of the Registered Edition.
- The Professional
Edition, which includes the complete source code, costs $399.00.
- For more information, contact Entisoft by calling 1-310-472-3736 or sending E-mail
- Call 1-310-472-3736 to place
- Call 1-310-472-3736 or E-mail Info@entisoft.com to
receive (technical) support.
- Entisoft Tools can be used with Microsoft Visual
Basic (versions 6.0, 5.0, 4.0 32-bit), Microsoft Access (versions 9X and
2K), Microsoft Excel (versions 9X and 2K), Microsoft Project (versions 98
and 95), and any other 32-bit VBA or OLE automation programs like Microsoft
J++ and Microsoft Web Server's Active Server Pages.
- The include file contains "wrapper"
functions which allow many of the library functions to be called from
contexts other than Visual Basic. For example, functions can be called from
within Access Query expressions and Excel Worksheet formulas.
- The functions have been documented to fully support
Visual Basic and Microsoft Office VBA's context sensitive help,
allowing you to see the what functions and parameters are available as you
write your programs, without having to continually refer to the help files
or written documentation.
- The functions that deal with filenames support
Universal Naming Convention (UNC) filenames like "\\SJS4\Entisoft\Web\Index.HTM".
- All editions of Entisoft Tools are distributed in
self-extracting EXEcutable WinZip (PKZip-compatible) format files. These
distribution files can be executed under Microsoft Windows 95 or above, or
they can be uncompressed using WinZip, PKZIP, etc.
- The Shareware Edition lets you try the Entisoft
Tools library without first having to buy it!
- The Shareware Edition is similar to the Registered Edition, except that it
displays a couple of "nag" screens when the program first begins
- The distribution files each contain a setup program
that will install Entisoft Tools and the other support files.
here to Download Entisoft Tools now!
- The Registered Package allows you to distribute the
runtime version of Entisoft Tools with any of your programs that Reference
- The development version contains the browsable help
information and other functions which are not appropriate within a runtime
- The runtime version does not allow users direct
access to the Entisoft Tools help file (since it is only needed during
development), but it contains no title ("nag") screens (unlike the
- The Professional Edition of Entisoft Tools includes
the completely-documented Visual Basic source code to the library.
- Acceptable Use Policies: If everyone follows these
simple rules, then we can continue to release source code versions of our
products. You can include parts of our Visual Basic source code within your
Visual Basic projects. You must not disclose our source code to others
unless they also have an Entisoft Tools Pro license that was issued by
Entisoft. You must not distribute any of our documentation. You must not
make documented versions of our functions available in the form of a Windows
DLL or OLE Server, no matter who wrote the documentation. You can include
parts of our source code within your Excel Add-ins, as long as you
distribute only the compiled version (the XLA file), and provided that you
remove all program comments before inserting our functions into Excel VBA.
- The Professional Edition costs $399.00 per license
- The functions, their arguments, and basic help
information can be displayed through the Object Browser, which is built-into
most Microsoft applications that support Visual Basic.
- The Entisoft Tools DLL runs as an In-process OLE
Server, meaning that the functions perform with the same speed as if they
were resident within the host program itself. (We have not found any reason
to distribute the 32-bit Out-of-process OLE Server version of Entisoft
- Many of the functions whose primary purpose is to
return a value will accept variant arguments that are fixed-up to the
appropriate type. This means that those functions support three-valued logic
(true, false, and missing/unknown) so that they can be used within Access
Query expressions and other contexts where Null values are possible.
- Many of the functions employ error detection and
correction so that you are not required to safeguard your use of them with
error trapping. Other functions can generate and return errors to your
program when they are called with inconsistent or invalid arguments.
- Various functions perform on-demand initializations
to improve performance, as well as caching some of their operations to
improve the performance of subsequent calls.
- Most functions whose primary purpose is NOT to
return a value WILL return True upon success or False upon failure.
The routines are organized by subject into approximately
60 different Classes that the OLE Automation Server makes available. Here is a
summary of the types of Classes provided by Entisoft Tools:
- Arrays: Functions that
primarily operate upon arrays of values.
- Basics: Enhancements to
the built-in Visual Basic functions and statements, file-related functions,
file name functions, etc.
- DataStructures: The Deque
(and Queue and Stack), Stack, List, Hash Table, Symbol Table, and other data
structures are available within their own classes which must be defined
("DIMensioned") when required.
- Mathematics: Mathematical
functions, including ones from algebra, geometry, trigonometry, probability,
statistics, and other fields.
- Financial: Financial functions like XIRR for cash flow analysis.
- Numbers: Numerical
functions related to dates/times, finance,
- Others: Functions that
operate mostly upon strings of characters, including bitwise manipulation
and conversion functions.
- Programs: Functions that
operate upon one or more files for some high-level purpose such as you might
find in a stand-alone program.
- Strings: String search,
replacement, manipulation, conversion, translation, etc., functions.
- Texts: Text processing
functions which generally operate upon strings containing words.
- Tests: Contains sample,
test, benchmark, and validation functions.
- Units: Measurement
conversion function library also available separately as part of Entisoft Units.
- Variants: Functions which
apply to a different types of values, including comparison, conversion,
fix-up, classification, of values, etc.
- Visual Basic
Utilities: Functions for Visual Basic and VBA software developers.
- Windows: Functions that
wrap around various Windows API functions, making them easier to access.
In some cases, there are different versions of the same
- There are "fast" versions of some
frequently-used functions which have restrictive argument types and thus
provide better performance because they avoid having to fix up their
arguments to the appropriate type. Unfortunately, they cannot support
"optional" nor "variant" types of arguments.
- The "recursive" versions of some functions
support variant values which contains arrays (which may also contain other
- There are two types of Classes within the Entisoft
Tools library--ones whose primary purpose is to make functions available,
and ones whose primary purpose is support some kind of data structure. The
Strings class is an example of a "function provider" class, while
the Deque class is an example of a data structure class.
Copyright © 1999-2005 Entisoft