Co Decs ClassEntisoft Tools 2.0 Object Library
Version 2.0.6 Released 1999/11/14 03:27
<-- Previous || Index || Main || Topics || Next -->
Declarations Section, CompressString Function, DecompressString Function, DecompressStringLength Function, DeTab Function, EnTab Function, EnTabTable Function, RunLengthEncode Function, RunLengthDecode Function, RunLengthDecodeLength Function, RunLengthEncodePrintable Function, RunLengthDecodePrintable Function, SqueezeString Function, UnsqueezeString Function, UnsqueezeStringLength Function
- Declarations Section
- Compress String Function
- Compress a string using whichever text compression technique can compress it the most. This function will compress the string using either the RunLengthEncode function or SqueezeString function.
- Decompress String Function
- Decompress a string which was compressed with the CompressString functions. Uses the first character of the string to identify which text decompression algorithm to use to decompress the string.
- Decompress String Length Function
- Returns the length of the decompressed version of a string that was compressed with the CompressString function.
- De Tab Function
- "Expand Tabs To Spaces" Replaces tab characters (Chr$(9)) with the number of spaces required to advance the print position to the next tab stop. Function assumes that there is a tab stop every vTabWidth characters.
- En Tab Function
- "Compress Spaces To Tabs" Replaces sequences of space characters which overlap tab stop positions with tab characters (Chr$(9)) thereby reducing the space required to store strings which contain many spaces. Function assumes that there is a tab stop every vTabWidth characters.
- En Tab Table Function
- "Compress Spaces To Tabs" Replaces sequences of space characters which overlap tab stop positions with tab characters (Chr$(9)) thereby reducing the space required to store strings which contain many spaces. Function assumes that there is a tab stop after every character position mentioned within array vTabStops.
- Run Length Encode Function
- Encode a string by replacing repeated runs of the same character with a run length code strings. The run length code strings describe the character which is repeated and the number of times it was repeated.
- Run Length Decode Function
- Decode a string which was run length encoded (RLE) with a function like RunLengthEncode. Run length code strings are replaced by repeated runs of the specified character.
- Run Length Decode Length Function
- Return the length of the decoded version of a run-length-encoded string.
- Run Length Encode Printable Function
- Encode a string by replacing repeated runs of characters with a run length code. Accepts a string containing ASCII values between 0 and 255 and returns a run-length-encoded string whose characters all have ASCII values within the range from 32 to 126 inclusive.
- Run Length Decode Printable Function
- Decode a string which was encoded with RunLengthEncodePrintable. This function is mainly used to decompress Visual Basic Global/Public Constant strings which are to contain "non-printable" characters (or those characters which Microsoft recommends should not appear within Visual Basic nor VBA Modules).
- Squeeze String Function
- Compresses a string by replacing certain pairs of characters with a single character and by replacing certain infrequently-occurring characters with a two-character sequence. This function achieves an average of 40% compression on English language text strings.
- Unsqueeze String Function
- Decompresses a string which was "squeezed" with the SqueezeString function.
- Unsqueeze String Length Function
- Return the length of the decoded version of a squeezed string.
This Windows-based ActiveX DLL provides many useful routines through its function-bearing and data structure classes. Consult the Help file for more information, or call us at 1-310-472-3736. For the latest news and files, visit our home page on the World Wide Web: http://www.entisoft.com
Copyright 1996-1999 Entisoft
Entisoft Tools is a trademark of Entisoft.